Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election Reflection

November 3, the day after!

Mass. sends Barney Franks back to Washington, Nevada reinstates Harry Reid and California's Barbara Boxer was restored to her seat, she is off to represent me. America has a representative style government, everyone can't possibly go to Washington and vote for every issue, so we elect representatives to vote for us. As my representative Barbara Boxer will be casting my vote, expressing values, ethics and beliefs in my name, she was elected to represent me!

That is why my hope is not on this life, this nation, I cannot trust in politicians. Hebrews 9 tells me that Jesus is my High Priest, He sits at the right hand of God the Father representing me.

I vote for Jesus to be my High Priest. As my High Priest He paid for my sins and I am freed from the power of sin. He will empower me to walk in his victory. Barbara Boxer goes back to Washington to represent me in the Senate and Jesus entered into heaven to be my Advocate before God the Father. I am well represented where it really counts.

The L.A. Times finally got it right, love this quote:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a
strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not
bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes
close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're
number one.
There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone
saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, and Nancy Pelosi, they
were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The
three of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab.
You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply
marvel at their ability to form words."

Burt Prelutsky - Columnist, Los Angeles Times

Now we just have to convince the voters!

Love my country, fear my leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment