Saturday, November 6, 2010

Clean and Fresh


Everybody has a favorite color. Blue is peaceful and tranquil, red makes a statement, yellow is the color of sunshine and joy, then there is black. Gothics seem to choose black as their favorite color, it expresses a certain grief, hopelessness, depression. Black can also be classic, everyone woman owns one little black dress that she can dress up and wear anywhere, and black is slimming, something we can all use.

My favorite color is Navajo White. Yes at this Thanksgiving season I am truly thankful for Navajo White. This is one of those colors that always blends, my dad painted everything N W 60 years ago, he knew what was easy and here I am following in his footsteps. Easy, simple and quick.

I only do deep cleaning when I am having company any other time surface cleaning is good enough. I discovered years ago that the best way to clean is a fresh coat of paint, especially if you are covering the old with the same exact color. Anyone coming to my house this Thanksgiving will notice how clean and fresh my baseboards look. Took less than 2 hours to do the entire downstairs. Navajo White baseboard forever.

At 70 it isn't difficult to paint the baseboards, but it is almost impossible to get up once you have been sitting on the floor for any length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment