Friday, March 5, 2010



Without a kitchen for 9 days! Take out food, restaurants and Ralph's deli. My blood pressure must be over the top, so much salt in prepared food, I will need to flush out my body with totally no salt for a couple of weeks.

The best part of refinishing my kitchen cabinets was cleaning out 35 years of accumulation. Now the fun begins, what to keep, what to discard. We had 2 mixers, 3 coffee pots, 4 graders, 5 large measuring cups, 6 identical baking dishes and a cartridge in a tape deck. Now the Salvation Army has 1 mixer, 2 coffee pots, 3 graders, 4 measuring cups and I have one of each. We had can foods with expiration dates older than Spankey, cake mixes dated 2001 and spices from our trip to the Garlic Festival 1999. I found a small box where I had put old credit cards just in case I needed them later, Broadway, May Co and Fedco's. I found dinner plates with Mimi's Cafe on them that Annette gave me years ago and some decorative dishes that I had completely forgotten about.

In the next 35 years I am going to get organized. Or Not!



Worth the wait, love the new clean look.

No comments:

Post a Comment